The IDEA Foundation prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status (special disabled veterans, disabled veterans and Vietnam-era veterans), or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. All personnel who are responsible for hiring and promoting employees and for the development and implementation of programs or activities are charged to support this effort and to respond promptly and appropriately to any concerns that are brought to our attention.
IDEA Foundation (IDEA) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. IDEA is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination in employment and opportunity because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or age. The Executive Director has issued the following policy stating the IDEA’s views in this matter:
It is the policy of IDEA to:
• Strictly follow personnel procedures that will ensure equal opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status;
• Make reasonable accommodations wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not require significant difficulty or expense.
• Achieve understanding and acceptance of IDEA’s policy on Equal Employment Opportunity by all employees and by the communities in which the company operates;
• Thoroughly investigate instances of alleged discrimination and take corrective action if warranted;
• Be continually alert to identify and correct any practices by individuals that are at variance with the intent of the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
At this time, IDEA would like to reaffirm this policy and call upon all personnel to effectively pursue the policy as stated.